Notoriously incredible recording amplifier is the phrase given to the Peavey Invective 120 because we all know that a tube amp simply sings as genuine as what’s on the inside of the amplifier.
Design Input from Periphery’s Misha Mansoor
The first high-gain amplifier to produce pristine cleans, the Peavey Invective 120 Series starts with the no-compromise high-gain performance of the legendary Peavey 6505® series, then adds a level of versatility that is unparalleled in an amp within this class.
Composed in collaboration with Misha Mansoor of Periphery, the Peavey Invective 120 Series features three channels which each deliver a distinctive sonic range, as well as a long list of controls that allow you to dial in that perfect tone. Use the included footswitch to quickly switch from one tone to the next, from the most extreme high gain metal to a flawless classic rock tone to a deep clean jazz tone – it’s all there, and everything in-between!
Full Amp Head Review
A tube amp only sounds as good as what’s inside, and Peavey’s invective 120 delivers with four matched JJ6L6GC output tubes with top-loaded bias test points and adjustment. The rear panel features paralleled speaker outputs with impedance selector, an MSDI-XLR direct output with Level/Tone/Ground Lift, MIDI out/thru, and MIDI footswitch input. The included footswitch has nine presets to further help the player achieve their desired tone. Two remote switchable effects loops, a half-power switch, and two 9VDC/ 500mA auxiliary power jacks for effects pedals complete the rear panel.
On the front panel, players will find even more options and advanced control. The invective.120 Head has a single input with three key remote switchable channels (Clean/Crunch/Lead), giving you a sonic palette that lets your imagination run wild. Both the Lead and Crunch channels have independent Pre and Post Gain controls as well as shared low/mid/high EQ, in line with the revered Peavey 6505® head. They also feature a shared switchable front end boost fast attack input noise gate with a threshold for complete control over muting. The standby and power switches with blue jewelled pilot light indicate when the amp is ready. Just adjust the Master Resonance, Presence and Volume knobs, and it’s ready to rock.
- Single input
- Master Resonance
- Master Presence
- Master Volume
- Shared Low/Mid/High EQ on Lead/Crunch channels
- Power and Standby switches
- MIDI / Footswitch Input
- MIDI Out/Thru
- 2 x 9VDC at 500mA Auxiliary power jacks
- Rack Loop (remote switchable)
- Independent Pre and Post Gain controls on Lead and Crunch channels
- Effects Loop (remote switchable)
- Lead/Crunch channel Boost Level & Tone (remote switchable)
- MSDI Direct Output with Level/Tone/Ground Lift
- Lead/Crunch channel input muting Gate Threshold (remote switchable)
- Paralleled speaker outputs with Impedance Selector
- Channel select with “bullet” LEDs (remote switchable)
- Half Power switch
- Clean channel Gain/Low/Mid/High/Post – VERY CLEAN
- 4 Matched JJ6L6GC output tubes
- Clean channel Boost Drive & Tone (remote switchable)
- Top-loaded bias test points and adjustment
- Blue Jeweled Pilot Light
- Weight Unpacked: 48.39 lb (21.95 kg)
- Weight Packed: 57.54 lb (26.1 kg)
- Width Packed: 17.05″ (43.30 cm)
- Height Packed: 30.43″ (77.30 cm)
- Depth Packed: 15.83″ (40.20 cm)
Buy the Peavey Invective 120 with AfterPay ZipPay or Paypal online right here at the Music Specialists because this guitar is geared towards players that want a modern alternative to the classic sound of an all-mahogany guitar with a maple top.