Shure – Legendary Performance
The Shure Beta 87a is a premium quality supercardioid hand-held electret condenser vocal microphone with especially smooth frequency response and high sound pressure level capability. Used for professional sound reinforcement, broadcasting, and studio recording applications, the Beta 87A combines superb performance with the ruggedness needed for touring and field production.
The Shure Beta 87A features a controlled low-frequency roll-off that compensates for the proximity effect and prevents the “boomy” sound often associated with close pick-up. The characteristic Shure presence rise brightens the upper midrange. The tight supercardioid pattern, with null points at approximately 125 degrees, provides maximum isolation from other vocalists or instruments while offering minimal off-axis coloration. The Beta 87A operates on phantom power.
- Smooth frequency response with gradual presence rise
- Highly consistent supercardioid polar pattern provides superior gain-before-feedback
- Electronic low-frequency roll-off compensates for proximity effect
- Wide dynamic range (117 dB) and low distortion characteristics
- Very low susceptibility to RFI and electromagnetic hum
- Advanced cartridge shock-mount system absorbs mechanical shocks and reduces handling noise
- Built-in pop filter reduces undesirable wind and breath sounds
- Legendary Shure quality and reliability
- Requires phantom power for operation
Microphone Type: Condenser
Polar Pattern: SuperCardiod
Frequency Response: Tailored
Form Factor: Handheld
Model Line: BETA
Buy the Shure Beta 87a online at Music Specialists where we have AfterPay ZipPay and Paypal for your shopping experience.