Shure – Legendary Performance
The BETA98S condenser microphone is precision-engineered for high-SPL instrument applications. Its supercardioid polar pattern provides maximum isolation from other onstage sounds.
What is the Beta 98S best suited to?
It’s a premium instrument microphone which is ideal for use with a variety of instruments such as drums, conga, piano, reed, wind and string in both stage and studio applications.
What are the Charactaristics of the Beta 98S?
It has a tailored frequency response of 20Hz – 20KHz and a high maximum sound pressure level (SPL) of 125dB. It has a supercardioid pickup pattern providing high gain before feedback. A seperate in-line preamplifier is included as well as a 25ft detatchable cable to go between the pre-amp and the mic. The pre-amp output is through a male XLR socket, and requires phantom power.
- Tailored frequency response for studio quality performance
- Wide dynamic range for use in high SPL environments
- Uniform supercardioid pattern for high gain before feedback and superior rejection of off-axis sound
- Comes with Zippered Carrying Bag, In-Line Preamplifier, 25FT light-weight cable, Shock-Mount Swivel Adapter & Windscreen
- Compact design reduces stage clutter
- Detachable cable for easy storage
- Interchangeable microphone cartridges with different polar patterns are available
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness, and reliability
Microphone Type: Condenser
Polar Pattern: SuperCardioid
Frequency Response: Tailored
Form Factor: Compact Mini
Model Line: BETA
Brass / Woodwinds
Drums / Percussion