Shure SM 81 Microphone
The Shure SM81 is an Industry-standard mic famous for sonic accuracy in stage and studio performances. Comes with a windscreen, no cable. Phantom power required.
The Shure Shure SM81 is a high-quality, unidirectional condenser microphone designed for studio recording, broadcasting, and sound reinforcement. Its wide frequency response, low noise characteristics, and low RF susceptibility have made it a standard for applications involving acoustic instruments, especially guitar, piano, and cymbals.
- 20 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response
- The flat response curve for accurate reproduction of sound sources
- Low noise and high output clipping level
- Low distortion over a wide range of load impedances
- Cardioid polar pattern, uniform with frequency and symmetric about axis, providing maximum rejection and minimum coloration of off-axis sounds
- Low RF susceptibility
- Selectable low-frequency response: flat, 6 or 18 dB/octave rolloff
- 0 dB/10 dB lockable attenuator switch
- Phantom powering (DIN 45 596 voltages of 12 to 48 Vdc)
- Rugged steel construction for durability
- Field-usable over a wide range of temperature and humidity conditions
Microphone Type: Condenser microphone
Polar Pattern: Cardioid
Frequency Response: Flat
Form Factor: Mountable
Model Line: SM
Piano / Organ
Acoustic String Instruments
Brass / Woodwinds
Drums / Percussion
This microphone needs phantom power and functions best with a 48 Vdc supply (IEC-61938). Nonetheless, it will work with slightly decreased headroom and sensitivity with supplies as low as 11 Vdc.
Made in the USA the Shure SM81 is ruggedly assembled. It operates on phantom power and performs over a wide range of temperatures and humidity conditions. It is furnished with a swivel adapter, attenuator-switch lock, foam windscreen, and case for carrying and storage.
Capacitor or Condenser microphones are generally utilised in studios to pick up sounds with great precision and dependability. This is succeeded with a lightweight membrane suspended by a fixed plate. Sound pressure upon the diaphragm causes it to move, which in turn creates electrical output.
We have a wide range of Micropones and Vocal mics to choose from and provide AfterPay ZipPay and Paypal, If you are looking for shure headphones, find out here.