We are committed to providing you with the best possible customer service experience as such we are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
What is personal information?
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner identifies that Personal information includes a broad range of information, or an opinion, that could identify an individual. What is personal information will vary, depending on whether a person can be identified or is reasonably identifiable in the circumstances.
For example, personal information may include:
- an individual’s name, signature, address, phone number or date of birth
- sensitive information
- credit information
- employee record information
- internet protocol (IP) addresses
- voice print and facial recognition biometrics (because they collect characteristics that make an individual’s voice or face unique)
- location information from a mobile device (because it can reveal user activity patterns and habits)
The Privacy Act 1988 doesn’t cover the personal information of someone who has died.
Collection of your personal information
There are many aspects of the site which can be viewed without providing personal information, however, when purchasing from this site, you are required to submit personal information in order to process and dispatch your order.
If you browse our website, our internet service provider logs the following information:
– your server (IP) address and top-level domain name;
– the date and time of your website visit;
– the country that your server is located;
– the pages that you looked at;
– the type of browser you used;
We will not use information obtained from your browsing activities to send you any unsolicited information. This information is collected in order to determine the relevancy of material posted on our website and to enhance this service to visitors.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Why is personal information collected by Music Specialists?
The Personal Information you provide to Music Specialists will enable us to make offers of products and services to you.
This information helps us develop and make available products to suit your needs. If you do not provide some or all of the information requested, we may not be able to provide you with a product or service.
In particular, the Personal Information you provide us may be collected, used and disclosed for a number of purposes connected with our business operations, which include:
– Processing your orders or applications;
– Providing you with information, products and/or services requested;
– Telling you about other products or services that may be of interest to you;
– Billing you and/or administering or otherwise managing your account;
– Dealing with requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer service activities;
– Carrying out market and product analysis and marketing products and services;
– Assisting in arrangements with other organisations in relation to the promotion or provision of a product or service;
– Registering your details and allocating or offering you rewards, discounts and/or other benefits and fulfilling any requests or requirements you may have in respect of our loyalty or reward programmes and other similar schemes;
– Carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement that we have to comply with or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution, including investigating any fraud, unlawful activity or misconduct.
– We may also use your Personal Information for purposes related to those described above which would be reasonably expected by you. For example, we may use your Personal Information to keep you informed about features of our products and services or to conduct analysis in order to provide better customer service.
How credit card information is stored?
When you purchase goods or services , any credit card information you give us to purchase the goods or services is used to process the payment. Our database only records that you made a purchase, what the purchase was for (item) and how much you paid for it. We do not store your credit card details on our database.
Accessing Your Personal Information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.. You can address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your consent to the terms of this policy