Showing 1–24 of 202 results
Do you play guitar?
If so, do you know how to keep your instrument in the correct position while playing it? It’s not as easy as it sounds. You need a Guitar Strap!
A Guitar Strap is an essential accessory for any guitarist. It will help you maintain the correct position and posture while playing your instrument. Plus, if you ever have to take a break from playing, it will make sure that your guitar doesn’t fall on the floor or get damaged by other objects around it, not to mention it will make you look super cool.
And don’t worry about looking like a dork with one of these things on – they come in all sorts of colours and styles!
Buy a strap today!
Why you need a guitar strap
A strap keeps the weight of the guitar off of your hands.
Guitar straps are designed to make it easier for you to hold up the weight of your guitar while you play it, by putting the weight on your shoulders instead of your hands. Each strap is different, so look around for one that matches the design of your guitar and suits you best!
This is a picture of me holding my guitar. As you can see, the strap is very short and does not fit over my shoulder, so I cannot use it to hold up my guitar.
Guitar straps are made simply so that you don’t have to hold your guitar when you play. If your strap is too short for you to use to hold your guitar, then you can always put it down and play without it.
Description: A strap keeps the weight of the guitar off of your hands so you don’t have to hold up all that weight when you’re playing and it also makes holding up the weight more comfortable for you.
How To Play Guitar Without A Strap: The 3 Different Ways
Answer: No, a guitar strap is not necessary. It’s only necessary if you want to play your guitar standing up. If you don’t care about playing your guitar standing up, then it can become completely optional.
Description: A guitar strap is a strip of material that goes over your shoulder and clips to the headstock or lower bout of your guitar.
Use: Guitar straps are useful when you want to play your guitar standing up. Why? Because they allow you to take the weight off both arms: A lot of people want the benefits that come with using a guitar strap without actually having to use one. I understand where you’re coming from. If I had to use a strap every time I played, then my mom would absolutely kill me.
Question: Is it possible to play guitar without a strap?
Answer: Yes, it is definitely possible to play guitar without a strap.
There are many ways that you can play guitar without a strap. Here are some of them:
1. Playing in the seated position with your legs propped up on something in front of you – This is probably one of the easiest ways to play guitar without a strap because you don’t have to do anything abnormal in order for it to work. I would recommend that you use a footstool to rest your legs on and then just play the guitar like you normally would. The only problem with this method is that it can be hard to keep yourself propped up and stable. If you start to slide off of the stool, then you will probably drop your guitar as well because there aren’t any straps to hold onto.
2. Playing in the seated position with your legs propped up on something behind you – This is an interesting way to play the guitar without a strap because you are forced into this odd sort of fetal position that feels really weird at first. I would recommend that you use a backpack or something similar for this method so that you can keep your legs propped up on it. The main problem with this method is that you probably won’t be able to see the fretboard very well because of the way that your body is positioned.
3. Standing up – This is what most people think of when they hear “playing guitar without a strap.” As long as you are holding your guitar, then you can actually play it without a strap. The only problem with this method is that you may need to use one hand to hold the neck of the guitar up and steady for stability. There are some people who have become very good at playing standing up without any help from their other hand, but they probably practised for several years to be able to do it.
Is a guitar strap necessary?
3 Tips to learn how to play with your strap while standing up:
1. Do not start with the guitar on your knees. While it looks cool to sling the guitar low like Jimmy Page, this is not the best position to START. Try starting with your guitar fairly high and then, once you got used to it, lower it one inch per week more or less until you are at a position that is both comfortable to be in and cool to watch.
2. If your guitar is too heavy, use a wider strap to reduce the pressure on your shoulder.
3. Stand up while you practice. If that’s easy, then try to walk around 😉 (pay attention to the furniture…)
Be cool and remember to have fun!
You can buy quality guitar straps online at Music Specialists with AfterPay ZipPay and Paypal. Shop Now!